Oregano Essential Oil Extraction
Oregano Oil Extraction
What you need:
– EssenExTM 100 Distillation Kit
– 100 grams of Oregano, chopped or ground.
– Place Oregano in Freezer for 24 hours.
– For initial runs, use 100 grams. Later, more or less may be used.
– It may be necessary to add water if running dry powder with ratio ½ ml water per gram of botanical. ( ½ :1 by mass), if fresh try first run without added water.
– Place in EssenExTM as described in user manual.
– Place the reactor into the microwave with mug of water.
—-If multiple batches are run, change water in the mug between trials.
– Each batch should run for 5.5 minutes on a power setting of HIGH (1100 watts)
—- Lower power units: simply add 30 seconds to a minute for the cooking phase.
– Allow the batch to cool for 6 minutes. In or outside the microwave. Caution: do not raise lid prior to 4 minutes and be careful if moving from microwave as jar will be quite warm initially.
—- This is a key step to your success. Cooling allows the vapors to condense and form more oil and it allows the reactor to be handled much easier!
– Pour top contents of the beaker into the easy separator and rotate it using the palms of your hands while resting it on a cloth (kitchen towel) on a hard surface (counter top). The motion should be similar to starting a fire with sticks.
– After a few seconds, stop rotating the separator and observe the oil layer.
– Repeat the process if you believe more oil will collect.
– Once the oil is separated (above the hydrosol in the neck of the flask), use the pipette to place it in a vial.
– Upon lifting the lid, a small amount of ice should be remaining on screw.
—- If not, then reduce the amount of water added.
– With nominally good Oregano, 0.2 to 0.4% by mass.
—- 100 grams yields roughly 0.2 to 0.4 ml oil.
For any question please contact us at Info@oilextech.com or fill out our Customer Feedback at our website http://www.oilextech.com/contact-us/