Myrrh Oil Extraction Process
Click her to Dowload, View and Print a PDF Version
Myrrh Oil Extraction
What you need:
– EssenExTM 100 Distillation Kit
– 50-60 grams of Myrrh (powdered) (Sap Deposits).
– Cleaning supplies to remove sticky sap:
Orange oil / degreasing fluid, wooden scraper and soap
– After weighing plant material use a blender or grinder to make it a fine powder if not already in that state. This is most easily done with frozen “tears” (sap deposits).
– Add water to powder with ratio ½ ml water per gram. (1/2 : 1 by mass)
– Mix until it is a consistent paste and evenly coat the inside of the lower portion of the outer wall of the reactor main vessel.
– Follow EssenExTM Home Distillation User Manual for the non-plant specific preparation.
– Place the reactor into the microwave with one mug of water.
—-If multiple batches are run, change water in the mug between trials.
– Each batch should run for 7 minutes on a power setting of HIGH (1100 watts)
—-Lower power units: simply add 30 seconds to a minute for the cooking phase.
– Allow the batch to cool for two minutes inside the microwave (door closed). Once these two minutes are complete, carefully remove the batch and let it cool for an additional two minutes on the counter. Do not open the lid just yet!
—-This is a key step to your success. Cooling allows the vapors to condense and form more oil and it allows the reactor to be handled much easier!
– Pour top contents of the beaker into the easy separator and rotate it using the palms of your hands while resting it on a cloth (kitchen towel) on a hard surface (counter top). The motion should be similar to starting a fire with sticks.
– After a few seconds, stop rotating the separator and observe the oil layer.
– Repeat the process if you believe more oil will collect.
– Once the oil is separated (above the hydrosol in the neck of the flask), use the pipette to place it in a vial.
– Take all internal parts of the reactor (Beaker and Shields)
– Add a layer of water that covers sap and place in microwave. Run for 5 minutes.
– Using heat resistant gloves take out and scrape the bottom freeing all the material stuck. Empty contents into a disposable container to allow cooling.
– When done running trials for the day, put all parts into the reactor and mix soap, degreasing fluid, and water into the container and soak. Scrub, rinse, and dry.
–or- Wiping with Orange Oil and a towel may work
For any questions regarding Myrrh oil distillation, please contact us at email@example.com or fill out our Customer Feedback at our website http://www.oilextech.com/contact-us/
EssenEx® 100A (Advanced) Essential Oil Extraction Kit$229.00
The EssenEx® 100A Essential Oil Home Extraction Kit is the world’s fastest extraction kit. This patented product, developed at Oregon State University, uses the same technique found in traditional steam distillation but works through your home microwave! The outcome? More convenient and higher quality essential oil made right in your home in just 6 minutes! Whether you use essential oils for medicinal, therapeutic, culinary, or other purposes, you can save time and money with this revolutionary product.
This kit includes everything you need to extract separate and store your own essentials you grow in your garden. Each time you use your extractor you will yield up to 3.5 g of oil depending on the plant material and 7-9 oz. of hydrosol. One run uses 50-100+g (1/8 – ¼ lbs) of plant material.
The 100A (Advanced) includes Ice Molds, Stands and Insulators to improve Ice core (condenser) along with a Silicone Insulator Pad and Packaging Design to allow you to easily store product when not in use.
EssenEx® 100E (Economy) Essential Oil Extraction Kit$199.00
The EssenEx® 100E Essential Oil Home Extraction Kit is the same device as the EssenEx100A but with only two Ice Mold Sets and fewer pipettes and vials.
EssenEx®-300 Essential Oil Extraction Kit
The EssenEx®-300, inspired from customers wanting a higher capacity, triples the botanical volume capacity while at only costing about twice as much. It is a smart investment for entrepreneurs making soaps, creams and other care products, aroma therapists and folks that have a fragrance farm store such as many lavender growers. This is also a great option for home schools and K-12 chemistry labs. It is larger than the 100, and requires a microwave with a vertical clearance of no less than 9.5 inches (240mm).
EssenEx® 100A (Advanced) Essential Oil Extraction Kit – 2 Pack (Save $20)$438.00
A Special 2-Pack of our Newest and most popular unit! Two (2) EssenEx® 100A (Advanced) packaged together, with a $20 discount. On top of that, you will save money on shipping cost per unit as well! Packaged individually in one shipping box therefore reducing the cost of shipping per unit.